Makes to the World
To produce a similar record under similar circumstances, the following conditions would have to be complied with:
- Write a history of ancient people covering a period from 2200 B.C. to 400 A.D.
- Include the history of two distinct, separate nations along with histories of different contemporary nations or groups of people.
- Describe their religious, economic, social and political cultures and institutions.
- Weave into their history the story of Jesus Christ and the pattern of Christian religion.
- Consider yourself 23 years of age and without formal school education.
- Write this record on about 520 pages, with 500 words per page.
- You must never make any absurd, impossible or contradiction statements.
- You must finish this record within 90 days and make no changes in the text. The first edition must last forever.
- You must proclaim that this narrative is not fiction but true sacred history.
- You must invite the ablest scholars and experts to examine the text with care, to expose any flaws.
- You must write this history on the basis of what you now know.
- You must publish it in every nation, to every kindred, tongue and people, declaring it to be the word of God.
- You must include within the record a marvelous and unique promise; a way to prove the truthfulness of the book. (Moroni 10:4)
- This record must fulfill bible prophecies; even to the exact manner in which it shall come forth, to whom it shall be given and its purpose and accomplishments.
- Your descriptions of the cultures of these peoples are not known when you bring forth the record.
- Many of the facts, ideas and statements given as true in you record must be entirely inconsistent and in direct opposition to the prevailing beliefs of the world.
- Through investigation, scientific evidence and archeological discoveries for the next 150 years must verify its claims and prove its truthfulness even to the most minute detail.
- After 150 years of extensive analysis, no claim or statement in the book is disproven, but all are vindicated. All theories and ideas opposing it's origin rise only to fall, leaving your own claim as the only possible or plausible one.
- Internal and external evidence and prophecies must be confirmed and fulfilled during the next 150 years.
- Fair, honest and credible witness must testify to the whole world that an angel from heaven appeared to them and showed them the records. That they handled the records and felt the engravings thereon.
- You must cause the voice of the Redeemer to call out from Heaven to declare to these men that the record is true and for them to declare its truthfulness and message to the world, and cause these witnesses to do it.
- They must bear this testimony, not for personal gain, but at great personal sacrifice and though persecution, even to death.
- Thousands of great scholars and intellectuals must subscribe discipleship to this record and its movements even to the point of laying down their lives.
- Many other thousands must bear testimony that it is true because they have put the promise to the test and received a testimony to its truthfulness. (Moroni 10:4).
- After 20 years of revilement and persecution, you must then be ready to give your own life as a testimony that the record is divine and true, and that its message of truth is from God.
Get a Free Book of Mormon!
or call 1-888-537-7111Read The Book of Mormon on-line.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God
Come Unto Christ
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Scriptures, Internet Edition
Articles of Faith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints